cylindrical vector plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28490] cylindrical vector plot
  • From: Julian Sweet <jsweet at engineering.ucsb.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:30:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

	I am trying to create a 3D vector field plot, but in
cylindrical coordinates. My vector equation has two components, "phi"
and "z". Both of these components are dependent on radius, "r". I
guess I'm trying to figure out how to graph this in cylindrical
coordinates, as plotfield3D assumes cartesian coordinates. Ultimately
I would end up with a cylindrical vector field plot with arrows
pointing in some "phi" and "z" direction -- each arrow's magnitude and
direction is dependent upon r....

email response appreciated: jsweet at engineering.ucsb.edu