What is MakeRules (Option of Solve) good for?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28483] What is MakeRules (Option of Solve) good for?
- From: Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at zeiss.de>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
looking for a way to find out about the substitutions, that
were carried out during Solve, I found out that Solve
has an option MakeRules, which defaults to False. I could
not find anything on it, neither in THE BOOK nor in the
Is anyone out there, who has used MakeRules?
Has anyone found out a practical way to see the
substitutions, that were made during Solve, e.g.
Solve[-(d*x) + (x + xx)*Sqrt[(-1 + n^2)*x^2 + n^2*z^2]==0,x]
which yields a long solution set with over and over
the same complicated subexpressions (probably from writing
out some substitutions done during the Solve-Process).
Dipl.-Math. Adalbert Hanszen
Prev by Date:
Re: Plot DiracDelta
Next by Date:
Re: Font Problem: Mathematica 4.01 + Xfree86 4.02
Previous by thread:
Re: help to plot..please
Next by thread:
Re: What is MakeRules (Option of Solve) good for?