Re: Font Problem: Mathematica 4.01 + Xfree86 4.02
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28494] Re: Font Problem: Mathematica 4.01 + Xfree86 4.02
- From: Konstantin L Kouptsov <klk206 at nyu.edu>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:30:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: New York University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Denis Pollney wrote:
> I get the errors:
> X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
> Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
> Serial number of failed request: 101
> Current serial number in output stream: 104
> I have downloaded the new Type1.tar.gz fonts available from the
> Wolfram site (according to their support pages, the original Type1
> fonts included with Mathematica 4.0 were buggy), but this does not solve
> the problem.
Mathematica looks up the font by its aliased name rather than its full name.
There must be some missing alias in fonts.alias or in fonts.dir.
Prev by Date:
What is MakeRules (Option of Solve) good for?
Next by Date:
Re: vector field plotting
Previous by thread:
Re: What is MakeRules (Option of Solve) good for?
Next by thread:
Frequent crashing problem