Re: Plot DiracDelta[]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28489] Re: [mg28465] Plot DiracDelta[]
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:30:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Here you are facing a problem connected with the plotting process. The
plotting process proceeds by joining line segments between successive points
of the function, sampled according to some internal Mathematica rules. The
points sampled in the particular example appear in

FullForm[Plot[DiracDelta[x - 1], {x, 0, 2}]]

You can see there that the abscissa x = 1 is not in the sample, so the
vertical line at that point won't show. You may try to fiddle with the
number of plot points, etc., but in this particular case you'd be better off
if you force the inclusion of the vertical line using Epilog, for example.
Now, just bear in mind that the DiracDelta "is there", it simply won't show
in the graph because x = 1 was skipped by the plotting algorithm.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City