Re: PC - Mac Compatibility

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28480] Re: [mg28473] PC - Mac Compatibility
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:30:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David:

I've been teaching an online Mathematica course for about six years and have
never had any compatibilty problems between platforms and even between versions
(except of course v3 -> v2).  Roughly 75% of my students use Windows machines
and I use a Mac.  When I've had problems, it has almost always been a problem
with the way file is sent; e. g. old AOL mail was a problem.

Ken Levasseur
Math. Sciences
UMass Lowell
This summer's online course:  Discrete Structures II - Applied Algebra:
http://cybered.uml.edu/descriptions/cy_92.322.htm