Simple question

I'm new to Mathematica, and I'm using it to solve numerical differential
equations. I get answers like{{x -> InterpolatingFunction[{{0., 50.}},
"<>"], y -> InterpolatingFunction[{{0., 50.}}, "<>"]}} How do I use them?
The help files say I can treat them as a regular function, but I'm not sure
how I can set it in a x[t] form, and then pick my values of t. Can anyone
help me?

                                                                    --Urijah
Kaplan