Re: 4.0 student Version decoding error

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28532] Re: 4.0 student Version decoding error
  • From: Ulrich Hofstoetter <ulrich.hofstoetter at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:21:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Raphael Arlitt wrote:
> I use Mathematica 4.0 in a student version and do get an error
> when I try to load an encoded package. I always get:
> Get::"enkey": "Cannot decode encoded file; incorrect key or machine."
> May there be a problem with the decoder function (Get::enkey) or may it be
> that this function is missing in the student version of mathematica?
> How will I be able to load that package? Must the package be encoded with a
> student version also? Full versions of Mathematica 4.0 don't seem to show
> that problem.
> Help is really appreciated.
> Raphael

I had this problem once with a package encoded under Windows NT,
which could not be decoded under Linux (Mathematica 4.1 on both

Maybe this is also your problem.

PS: i solved it by getting an unencoded version of the package, which
quite easy as the package creator sits next door.

Dipl.-Inf. Ulrich Hofstötter
Visual Analysis AG
Neumarkter Str. 87
D - 81673 München