Re: Interior of a polygon

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28571] Re: Interior of a polygon
  • From: Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:35:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mariusz Jankowski wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to solve the following problem:
> Assume you are given a list of integer pairs (coordinates of points on a
> integer grid) denoting the border of a closed contour. I want a list of ALL
> the interior points (again, in the form of integer pairs).
> Thanks for any suggestions, solutions, etc. References to literature are
> also welcome. Please cc my email if posting to newsgroup.
> Mariusz

I guess this is just what scan-convertion (or rasterization)
of polygons is about. See for example section "3.6 Filling Polygons"
in "Computer Graphics, Principles and Practice" by Foley, van Dam,
Feiner, and Hughes, or any other good book about (raster) computer
graphics. I am not aware of a Mathematica application of such
an algorithm.

Hope this helps

Martin Kraus