AW: Finding the intersect of two curves

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30201] AW: [mg30179] Finding the intersect of two curves
  • From: Matthias.Bode at
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 03:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello Catherine,

I'm not sure if I understood perfectly well what you aspire, given that the
class of curves whose function we don't know is probably the largest of them

Mathematica allows you to plot the line(s) where a function hits particular
values, i.e. where it intersects with a line or a plane. Have a look at
ContourPlot and  <<Graphics`ContourPlot3D`.

Best regards,
Matthias Bode
Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie. KGaA
Koenigsberger Strasse 29