Syntax Error in "Find"???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30248] Syntax Error in "Find"???
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 01:14:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a Mathematica notebook I keep adding to that contains useful hints and kinks I've learned in Hard Knocks Tech -- it contains headers, text commentary, and sample Input cells showing things like how to print in bold, how to insert a page break, etc. I can open it and search it while working on another notebook. When I do this, however, the first time I invoke "Find" on this notebook, I invariably get the error message There was a syntax error on line 3 of the cell expression. The error was \`\"ToFileName[\"Directory\*"\"",\\*"\ (I think I copied that mess correctly -- be nice if one could Copy & Paste from an error dialog box). After that, the Find command works just fine for searching through my notebook. ?????????????????