Importing Graphics into Mathematica notebooks?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30281] Importing Graphics into Mathematica notebooks?
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:02:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The index entry for "Graphics, Importing" in The Mathematica Book points only to page 208, which so far as I can see discusses on exporting graphics to files. There's an Export[ ] command, but no analogous Import[ ] command. Suppose I create a named graphic in one notebook g1 = Plot[--------] and want to use the result as a named graphic in another notebook (without re-running the Plot[ ] command). How do I transfer it over and rename it? How do I import an EPSF image generated in some other application, and give it a name? (Macintosh front end.)