Expanding Trig Power Identities
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30348] Expanding Trig Power Identities
- From: adam_jurhs at xontech.com (atjurhs)
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:40:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I use Mathematica to find the expansion of various trigonometric power identities? I've already tried TrigExpand w/o succes. I have functions of the form Sin[a](Sin[b])^n and Cos[a](Cos[b])^n where n is a power. I would like to get the fully expanded version of these functions, so that there are no more powers involved. If n=1 then the answer is just the standard product relations that you can look up in the back of any trig book. But I need to be able to do it for higher powers of n. And I don't know how to even do it for n=1.