Solving Matrix Ricatti Equations ?

Hi.

I just have two simple questions, and would really appreciate if there is any help.

1. Is there a function to solve for Matrix Ricatti (Algebraic or Differential) Equations?

2. I need to define two functions (f1, f2)  after some algebraic manipulations so that
         f1 * alpha + f2 * beta =  (...some expressions...) alpha + (... expressions) beta
   Is there a way to do that?

It seems to be simple questions, but I am new Mathematica. I would thank in advance for
any of your  kind help.

regards,

-cheng