  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30387] Solving Matrix Ricatti Equations ?
  • From: ctang at ews.uiuc.edu (tang cheng)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:45:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi.

I just have two simple questions, and would really appreciate if there is any help.

1. Is there a function to solve for Matrix Ricatti (Algebraic or Differential) Equations?

2. I need to define two functions (f1, f2)  after some algebraic manipulations so that
         f1 * alpha + f2 * beta =  (...some expressions...) alpha + (... expressions) beta
   Is there a way to do that?

It seems to be simple questions, but I am new Mathematica. I would thank in advance for
any of your  kind help.

regards,

-cheng