Re: Spinshow Output to Animated GIF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30404] Re: [mg30354] Spinshow Output to Animated GIF
  • From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:04:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 02:40 AM 8/11/2001, Patrick Spicer wrote:
>Has anyone ever directed a SpinShow output to an animated GIF?  I can
>generate a SpinShow array and create an animated GIF, but the wedding
>of the two is beyond me.  Thanks in advance for any tips.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Pat

To create an animated GIF you need a list of Graphics expressions, but the
default output of SpinShow is not a list of Graphics. I'm not sure what the
purpose of this is, except perhaps to save memory. (All output is stored in
memory so that it can be referenced with %n.) To make the output a list of
graphics, do

SetOptions[ShowAnimation, RasterFunction :> $AnimationDisplayFunction]

This works because SpinShow calls ShowAnimation.