Re: Spinshow Output to Animated GIF
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30404] Re: [mg30354] Spinshow Output to Animated GIF
- From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:04:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
At 02:40 AM 8/11/2001, Patrick Spicer wrote: >Has anyone ever directed a SpinShow output to an animated GIF? I can >generate a SpinShow array and create an animated GIF, but the wedding >of the two is beyond me. Thanks in advance for any tips. > >Best Regards, > >Pat To create an animated GIF you need a list of Graphics expressions, but the default output of SpinShow is not a list of Graphics. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is, except perhaps to save memory. (All output is stored in memory so that it can be referenced with %n.) To make the output a list of graphics, do SetOptions[ShowAnimation, RasterFunction :> $AnimationDisplayFunction] This works because SpinShow calls ShowAnimation.