Re: Rotation3D, MatrixRotation3D ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30409] Re: Rotation3D, MatrixRotation3D ?
  • From: "ojg" <ole.jonny.gjoen at hitecvision.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:09:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The three rotational axes (X,Y,Z) stays fixed and orthogonal in original
space. All angles are relative these.

I guess you can let these axes define a coordinate system XYZ in original
space, which is beeing rotated through the fixed original axes (rot axes do
not follow the rotations). Given that the resulting rotated system will have
axes of x, y,z what are the angles of rotations?

I have given a simplified problem, but given the solution to this any other
general problem I have may be solved.

news:9ld1o3$2gl$1 at smc.vnet.net...