  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30483] Fitting to a square wave
  • From: "Urijah Kaplan" <uak at sas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:15:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a bunch of data that looks like a noisy square wave (more like a
trapazoid actually, with it wider on the bottom) and I've been trying to
find a consistent way to find the hight and width. I first fit a gaussian
using NonlinearFit, but that tended to have its center shift, even if I only
multiplied the raw data by a constant. I tried fitting to an actual square
wave using a step function, but that didn't give me a good result either.
Any ideas? Thanks so much.

                    --Urijah Kaplan