[Technical] Filters like GIMP?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30508] [Technical] Filters like GIMP?
  • From: "ChiaMing Yu" <yucalf at>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:06:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi all,

I am interested in the ability of Mathematica about dealing with images.
Are there filters of lighte effects under Mathematica, such like flareFX or
GFlare under GIMP?
(GIMP is an excellent software created by Kimball and Mattis)
Or we have to design it by ourselves untill today?
Thank you for any answer!

Chia-Ming Yu, August 24, 2001