Re: Import power point slides to Mathematica - please help !
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31745] Re: Import power point slides to Mathematica - please help !
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 02:43:30 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, nothing -- you can't import Power Point slides into the FrontEnd. Since Mathematica store bitmap graphics uncompressed in the frontend you got huge notebooks and if you don't like that, you have lost. Regards Jens Katarzyna Zajac wrote: > > I need to import ppt slides into mathematica. (Please do not advice me > to use > Adobe Acrobat insted of Power Point, because it was not me who decided > :-) > I tried to do it by windows metafiles, but they grow in size wery > quickly > (aproximately 50 slides). I have tried to do it using jpegs and gifs, > but the size was also big. > > I also tried to do it by printing ppt presettation to a file > and insert it into methematica as a postscript, but mathematica > does not want to do it (some errors accured). I can read this ps file > using > ghostview, so it is not demaged. It seems that mathematica does not > recognize it correctly . What should I do ? > > Katarzyna