Re: Syntax errors in autogenerated packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31950] Re: Syntax errors in autogenerated packages
  • From: Albert Retey <albert.retey at visualanalysis.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 04:21:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Alan Mason wrote:

> Hello,
> Has anyone else encountered syntax errors when using Needs[...] to read into
> Mathematica (v4.1, Windows) a package created automatically from a master
> notebook using AutoGeneratedPackage?

Yes, it is quite common and probably wellknown but still there. Usually
the problems arise when you have comments of the (* *)-type within
Initialization Cells in StandardForm. Very annoying, and not restricted
to Windows (I see the m on a Linux machine). There is a good chance that
your problems go away when you don't use these kind of comments in your
code.

There are other "features" of the FrontEnd that I don't really like
these nice black boxes appearing from time to time in saved notebooks. I
desperatly hope that WRI will get these problems under control in the
next version...

Albert