Re: Syntax errors in autogenerated packages

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31969] Re: [mg31929] Syntax errors in autogenerated packages
  • From: jmt <jmt at>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:52:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I encountered the same kind of problems in version 4.0, in the following
situation :
a long long compound expression, in a cell marked as "initialization cell",
intended to generate a ".m" file.

The solution I adopted finally is to enclose the compound expression with (),
i.e. :

I might be wrong, but I suspect the parser to be disturbed when compound
expressions are longer than a certain integer.