Re: Strange phenomenon
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32140] Re: Strange phenomenon
- From: "Steve Gray" <stevebg at adelphia.net>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:57:29 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Steve Gray" <stevebg at adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:a0jlqg$31i$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> I do a calculation involving the product of four 5x5 matrices
> a bunch of E^(2PiI/5) type terms, and get an answer containing
> stuff like the following (I did Copy As > Plain Text)
> \!\(\(\(\(\(\(+2\)\ zr\^4 - \((\(-1\))\)\^\(3/5\)\ \((1 +
> List - \((5 + List)\)\ zr +
> 7\ zr\^2 + \((\(-6\) + List)\)\ zr\^3 +
> zr\^4)\) + \((\(-1\))\)\^\(1/5\)\ \((\(-2\) +
> List\ \((1 + zr + 2\ zr\^2)\) -
> zr\ \((\(-3\) +
> zr\ \((7 + \((\(-4\) +
> zr)\)\ zr)\))\))\) +
> It looks like Mathematica thinks "List" is a variable.
I just found that this is what happens when you have an error
in the list relative address, specifically when you do mylist[] by
This is not a good method of notification of that error.
Prev by Date:
Re: I Need advice on converting Mathematica files to JPEGS or Bitmaps
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Front end problems!
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Strange phenomenon