Typesetting summation and product symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27071] Typesetting summation and product symbols
  • From: Raul Martinez <rmartinez at vrinc.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 04:59:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathgroup,

Typing inText mode, when I click the Basic Input palette to typeset the
summation (the large sigma symbol) or the product (the large pi symbol),
the upper and lower limits of the operation show up in line with the
symbol instead of above and below the symbol.

When I type the same symbols in Input mode, the limits show up
correctly, above and below the symbol.

How can I get the limits to show above and below the symbol in Text
mode.

Thanks in advance,

Raul Martinez

PS. I asked the same question to Wolfram support, but more than 24 hrs
later I have not received an answer.