Re: Typesetting summation and product symbols

Raul, The easiest way to do this is to use the summation symbol from the
Basic Calculations Palette and not the Basic Input palette. As far as I
can tell, inline cells have the ScriptLevel option set at 1 when you
select from the basic Input palette, while ScriptLevel is set at 0 when
you use the Basic Calculations palette. The former ensures that you do
not have large spaces between text lines when you use
subscripts/superscripts in an inline cell. Perhaps others on this group
have more insight into this pesky problem

Brian

 In article <95glt6$8ge at smc.vnet.net>,
  Raul Martinez <rmartinez at vrinc.com> wrote:
> Mathgroup,
>
> Typing inText mode, when I click the Basic Input palette to typeset
the
> summation (the large sigma symbol) or the product (the large pi
symbol),
> the upper and lower limits of the operation show up in line with the
> symbol instead of above and below the symbol.
>
> When I type the same symbols in Input mode, the limits show up
> correctly, above and below the symbol.
>
> How can I get the limits to show above and below the symbol in Text
> mode.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Raul Martinez
>
> PS. I asked the same question to Wolfram support, but more than 24 hrs
> later I have not received an answ

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/