- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27143] Genetic Algorithms?
- From: "drek" <drek1976 at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:12:48 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi all, I would like to find out if anyone has used genetic algorithms (GA) in the course of their programming with Mathematica. If you have, did you write a GA code directly in your respective Mathematica programs? Are there any resources available (preferably free) for writing these GA codes? Or did you "transfer" the values from Mathematica to another program? If so, how did you do so and which programs did you use? I have attained many matrices of various values (using Mathematica) in the course of doing my project. I would now like to "optimize" these values using GAs. Thus, I would appreciate any help I can get which can point me in the correct direction e.g. which GA programs are most suitable for optimizing these values, examples I can refer to, etc. Thank you.