Re: Genetic Algorithms?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27153] Re: Genetic Algorithms?
- From: Mike Yukish <may106 at psu.edu>
- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 04:40:41 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Penn State University, Center for Academic Computing
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
drek wrote: > Hi all, > I would like to find out if anyone has used genetic algorithms (GA) in the > course of their programming with Mathematica. If you have, did you write a > GA code directly in your respective Mathematica programs? Are there any > resources available (preferably free) for writing these GA codes? > Or did you "transfer" the values from Mathematica to another program? If so, > how did you do so and which programs did you use? The Industrial Optimization package has genetic algorithms in it, but the package is far from free, and I have not been impressed with its performance.