Re: String to Number

In article <95tq99$m8c at smc.vnet.net>, steffenz at server2.fo.FH-Koeln.DE wrote:

> Hi
>
> I read a time from a file (this format  06:42) as a string.
>
> I would like to convert this string into to numbers (6 and 42).
>
> any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steffen
>

> Dipl.-Ing. Steffen Zozgornik
>
> Institut fur Licht- und Bautechnik
> an der Fachhochschule Koeln
> Gremberger Strasse 151 a
> D - 51105 Koeln
>
> Tel.: +49 - 221 - 83 10 95
> Fax.: +49 - 221 - 83 55 13

Here is an example (the result is a list of the integers
that you are looking for:

In[1]:=
TimeStringToIntegers[time_String]:=
  ToExpression[StringReplace["{"<>time<>"}",":"\[Rule]","]]

In[2]:=
TimeStringToIntegers["06:42"]

Out[2]=
{6,42}

--David

--
) Scientific Arts: http://www.scientificarts.com
) Creative Services and Consultation for the Applied