J/Link listeners

yo Todd Gayley (and of course the rest of the group),

the MathListener Util classes in J/Link make it very easy to write GUI
code, without writing (an deploying) classes;
but, as soon as you need a Listener not defined in J/Link, you have to
write Java Code again
(eg if you use some of the Swing Listeners like ChangeListener (for JSlider));

I thinks it is possible to use the JDK 1.3 Dynamic Proxy API to add this to
J/Link;

I know that everyone could use the DynamicProxy things on their own, but
having a little Utility class that hides
all the ugly details would make J/Link even more useful;

something like MathGenericListener, with a setHandler method like the other
Math*Listeners;

one drawback would be that at least JDK 1.3 would be required, but that
shouldn't be too much of a problem
(except for the 4 or 5 MacOS 9 users ;) );

murphee
my site: www.angelfire.com/co/werners
a must: www.linuxtoday.com
so is this: www.javaworld.com
as well as: www.userfriendly.org/static
"... and the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth yet, makes me a winner!"
Al Bundy