Mathematica can talk!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27231] Mathematica can talk!
  • From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:21:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 I have a Mac with Mac9.04. Recently, I was working on a notebook
and accidently pressed Control V keys (instead of Command V)
and to my amazement Mathematica read back the cell contents to
me . I have looked to see if this  feature is documented but have
not found anything in the Help manual . Has anyone got any ideas
on how one can control the speech properties  I guess it is using
the speech synthesizer in the Mac. However, I have not been able
to control the speed or voice characteristics with the Mac  speech
contol panel .

Brian

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/