Mathematica can talk!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27231] Mathematica can talk!
- From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:21:13 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a Mac with Mac9.04. Recently, I was working on a notebook and accidently pressed Control V keys (instead of Command V) and to my amazement Mathematica read back the cell contents to me . I have looked to see if this feature is documented but have not found anything in the Help manual . Has anyone got any ideas on how one can control the speech properties I guess it is using the speech synthesizer in the Mac. However, I have not been able to control the speed or voice characteristics with the Mac speech contol panel . Brian Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/