Re: Mathematica can talk!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27236] Re: [mg27231] Mathematica can talk!
  • From: "Christopher J. Purcell" <purcell at drea.dnd.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:35:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The Voices button on the Speech control panel lets you select the
voice and its speed, but you must select this before you start
Mathematica for the changes to be effective. There must be some
undocumented backdoor to allow Mathematica to use this under program
control (rather than just keyboard input), and most likely Theodore
Gray has the key to that door. Jlink offers another way to access the
Mac's speech system.

--
Dr. Christopher J. Purcell
GL/Trans