Re: Digital Filters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27261] Re: Digital Filters
  • From: vze295bp at verizon.net (David Reiss)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:41:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <96aslc$6fo at smc.vnet.net>, "Lemiel Maya" <lemiel at nomade.fr> wrote:

> I am interested in using MATHEMATICA to design digital filters via the
> window method (hamming, Hanning).  Can anybody out there give me an idea of
> how to go about designing a simple lowpass filter.
> Your help will be appreciated

Here is an example of using a low pass filter to "denoise"
some data:

http://www.scientificarts.com/sunspotanalysis/sunspotanalysis.html

You might use this as a starting point for the
use of the ListConvolve function in the construction
of more involved linear filters.  Note also that
ListConvolve can be used in a much more generalized
way to implement nonlinear filters as well.

--David

--
) Scientific Arts: http://www.scientificarts.com
) Creative Services and Consultation for the Applied