Problem: a matrix and a box...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27268] Problem: a matrix and a box...
- From: Bedrosian Baol <Bedrosian at MailAndNews.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:30:40 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi this is the problem: I have a n x m matrix (with n and m ~3000 elements or more) a1 a2 a3.. b1 b2 b3.. c1 c2 c3.. . . . . . . the algorythm is: compute the summ of the the a1, a2, b1 and b2 elements (a ''gliding box'' 2x2), shifing the ''box'' for 1 column and repeat the sum of the elements (now a2, a3, b2, b3), and so on... at the and of the first line, the box return on the second line and repeat... the final resuls would be another matrix like this: [a1+a2+b1+b2] [a2+a3+b2+b3]... [b1+b2+c1+c2] [b2+b3+c2+c3]... ... I'm not very experienced with Math4: there is a simple and easy way for reach the result? thanks Bed