Problem: a matrix and a box...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27268] Problem: a matrix and a box...
- From: Bedrosian Baol <Bedrosian at MailAndNews.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:30:40 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
this is the problem: I have a n x m matrix (with n and m ~3000 elements or
a1 a2 a3..
b1 b2 b3..
c1 c2 c3..
. . .
. . .
the algorythm is: compute the summ of the the a1, a2, b1 and b2 elements (a
''gliding box'' 2x2), shifing the ''box'' for 1 column and repeat the sum of
the elements (now a2, a3, b2, b3), and so on...
at the and of the first line, the box return on the second line and
the final resuls would be another matrix like this:
I'm not very experienced with Math4: there is a simple and easy way for
Prev by Date:
Re: Running Mathematica 4.1 directly from CD
Next by Date:
Arrows on axes?
Previous by thread:
Re: Combination Algorithm without brut force - Combine 4's into least 6's
Next by thread:
Re: Problem: a matrix and a box...