Re: Running Mathematica 4.1 directly from CD
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg27282] Re: [mg27280] Running Mathematica 4.1 directly from CD
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:30:56 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
At 02:58 AM 2/16/2001, MiltonZuc wrote: >With Mathematica 4.0 for students, it is obvious how to run the program >directly from CD because it is an option on the opening screen. Is it >possible to run the upgrade 4.1 for students directly from CD? I can't see >how to do >it. > Thanks. That feature was removed from 4.1 due to the low demand for it, the high expense of maintaining it, and the lack of CD space that would have caused us to have to split our CD distributions even further if we kept it around. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.