Re: Q: How to plot field lines?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27323] Re: Q: How to plot field lines?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:16:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) closed field lines are a bit difficult.
b) have a look to the closed lines in :

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/visualsupp/tornadof.wrl.gz

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/visualsupp/cfloop3.wrl.gz

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/visualsupp/benzene2.wrl.gz

contact me personal if you need the details. The virtual reality
pictures
are a part of my scientific visulaisation lectures here.

c) did you try the line integral convolution ? The code is at

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/visualsupp/fastlic.tar.gz

no field lines but very nice.

Regards
  Jens