Editing formulas for the web

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27405] Editing formulas for the web
  • From: "Nico Sterk" <n.sterk at chello.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:53:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I want to design a web page specially dedicates to hot topics in math and
related subjects, but I don't know a good all round editor for formulas on
the web. Microsoft Word is doing kind of OK but the set of symbols is
limited and formulas are mostly translated to gif-images, which a too space
consuming, especially for those with a slow internet connection. Latex is
OK but the Tex2HTML translator is missing a lot of features to avoid some
more "cut and paste work". I heard about WinEdit, the must be more... May a
dedicated math package like Mathematica will work? Can anybody
help and give me useful suggestions? Go to
http://members.tripodnet.nl/nicosterk to have a first impression of my web
site.

Thanks, Nico Sterk.