Editing formulas for the web

Hello,

I want to design a web page specially dedicates to hot topics in math and
related subjects, but I don't know a good all round editor for formulas on
the web. Microsoft Word is doing kind of OK but the set of symbols is
limited and formulas are mostly translated to gif-images, which a too space
consuming, especially for those with a slow internet connection. Latex is
OK but the Tex2HTML translator is missing a lot of features to avoid some
more "cut and paste work". I heard about WinEdit, the must be more... May a
dedicated math package like Mathematica will work? Can anybody
help and give me useful suggestions? Go to
http://members.tripodnet.nl/nicosterk to have a first impression of my web
site.

Thanks, Nico Sterk.