Off[General::spell] doesn't disable spell-warning

Hi

The following starts to annoy me:

Off[General::spell]
Off[General::spelll]
a1:=1;
a2:=2;

Keep getting the warning messages of possible spelling mistake. Sometimes
written as spell and sometimes written with three l's ? spelll. I haven't
been able to disable these warnings even though the manual says that
Off[General::spell] should do it. What I'm doing wrong here ?

TIA
Martin
Please remove the PET to reply by email