Number formatting for financial applications

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27475] Number formatting for financial applications
  • From: "Felipe" <no at spam.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:37:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am having a hard time getting the format I need in my output. For some
reason Mathematica keeps putting things in engineering form when I just want
a long number

e.g. I want to display this number

101522688.1906242

like this

$ 101,522,688.1906242 (I can do without the $ if it's too hard)

How can I achieve this without writing ten different tags each time. I just
want to have a formula with this output instead of having to wrap the
formula with AccountingForm[], NumberForm[], DigitBlock, etc. It looks
really ugly when I print it.

thanks
Felipe