Re: Combining 3D Graphics

The following code performs what (I think) you expect :

Needs["Graphics`Shapes`"]
pts = Table[Random[Real, {-1, 1}], {10}, {3}];
s = Sphere[1/2, 16, 16];
Show[Graphics3D[{s, {PointSize[0.03], RGBColor[1, 0, 0], Point[#]} & /@
          pts}]];

On Sunday 31 December 2000 04:13, Robert B. Love wrote:
I'm trying to show a cluster of points outside a sphere in 3D.  When
I plot just the points it works fine.  I use:

Show[Graphics3D[{PointSize[0.03],Map[Point,pts]}]];

where pts is a list read in from a file.

When I try to add the sphere at the center by using:

Show[Graphics3D[{Sphere[],{PointSize[0.03],Map[Point,pts]}}]];

then all I see is the sphere.  If I change Sphere[] to Sphere[0.4]
then I see the points only, not the sphere.

What is going on here?  Any suggestions on how to combine the 3D
images so that both are visible would be appreciated.

--
 Bob Love
 rlove at neosoft.com