RE: Combining 3D Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26517] RE: [mg26512] Combining 3D Graphics
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 02:32:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The following works all right for me.

pts = Table[
        {t = Random[Real, {0, Pi}],
          p = Random[Real, {0, 2 Pi}],
          r = Random[Real, {1.1, 1.5}]},
        r{Cos[p]Sin[t], Sin[p]Sin[t], Cos[t]}], {20}];

Show[Graphics3D[{Sphere[], {PointSize[0.03], Point /@ pts}}]];

This shows the points and the sphere. But then I don't know how your points
are located. You might try adjusting your PlotRange. The default
PlotRange -> Automatic sometimes does strange things. Are all of your points
actually far outside the sphere? If I make the radial distance of the points
between 400 and 500 and use Sphere[0.2] for your last case I get what you
get. Use PlotRange and Axes -> True to make certain you are getting the same
scale on each of the plots. Also check what the actual radii of your points

David Park
djmp at

To: mathgroup at