Re: DO if Loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26648] Re: DO if Loop
  • From: Ulrich Hofstoetter <ulrich.hofstoetter at visualanalysis.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:36:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bob Hallam wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a matrix function and a list of 2622 variables in groups of 3.  I
> need to apply this function to each set of 3 variables continuing until
> finished with the list.
>
> How is this done?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bob

Partition[list,3] gives you a list of subsets with 3 elements, Map can apply

a function to each of these subsets and Flatten can recombine them.
But you still would have to handle the last elements of the list, as
Partition
discards all extra elements that cannot be put into subsets of 3 elements

Uli

--
Dipl.-Inf. Ulrich Hofstoetter
Visual Analysis GmbH