Q: How change font in legend?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26690] Q: How change font in legend?
  • From: Klaus Duellmann <k.duellmann at uni-mannheim.de>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:47:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To add a  legend to a plot I use the standard package Graphics`Legend
together with the Plot or Listplot command. I can change the font used
for axes labels or plot label by defining DefaultFont -> Whatever.

Question 1: DefaultFont does not change the font of the legend text! How
can this be achieved?

Question 2) In the legend box the linestyles are printed together with
the respective legend. However if the lines differ by thickness/dashing
and not by color it's sometimes hard to recognize these differences in
the legend. How can I make these lines better visible, e.g. in general
thicker, without changing the size of the legend box itself?

For the plot I can change from colour output to graylevel using
ColorOutput -> GrayLevel. But changing to graylevel does not change the
linestyle in the legend, the lines there still remain in color.

Question 3) Is this a bug? Is there a workaround or something I am
missing?

Any assistance in this is much appreciated.

Mathematica Version used: 4.0 (Windows NT)
--

Klaus Duellmann

E-mail: k.duellmann at uni-mannheim.de