Re: Fw: FORTRAN style, not OK?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26823] Re: Fw: FORTRAN style, not OK?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:13:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have found thousend of cases, where the FORTRAN syntax does not work,
EQUVALENCE, COMMON, DATA ... perherps it happens because Mathematica
has it's own programming language that is closer to LISP than to

will work for you but unfortunatly it is C-like and you can't use it...

You final goal should be to avoid stupid Do[] loops. I'm using
Mathematica for all most everything in my computations but
I have never need a Do[]/For[]-loop, seldom a While[] ...

PS: Mathematica seems to ignore the FORTRAN-line continuation in the
6-th column. The comment character in the first column does also not
work it is a shame ;-)