Re: 1. Input of screen coordinates; 2. Fast graphics

Hi,

I can't answer your first question,

Look into the Raster[] outpur if you read a palette
image (GIF's) The color function is a huge switch statment
with the palette. in you case it may help
but

yourPalette={3,5,67,255,196,...};
Show[
Graphics[
  Raster[your600x600Array,ColorFunction->(Hue[yourPalette[[#]]/MaxColor]
&)]
 ]
]

Hope that helps