Re: modifiying the path variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27009] Re: modifiying the path variable
  • From: "Paul Lutus" <nospam at nosite.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Cristian Opazo-Castillo" <cropazo at vassar.edu> wrote in message
news:956385$8m at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello all:
>
> This is an easy one: how do I edit/modify the $Path variable? Hoe do I
> treat environmental variables in general --within Mathematica--?

Why not simply look up $Path in the help file? Its use and modification is
explained there.

As to environments variables, there are some shell issues, beyond the scope
of Mathematica, that (in most cases) prevent meaningful, direct changes to
their values at the system level. But see the command "Run" for examples of
manipulating the environment.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com