  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27002] Re: modifiying the path variable
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

AppendTo[$Path,"/nul"]

and

$Path=Drop[$Path,-1]

will append and remove the /nul device form your $Path.

There are no environment variables in mathematica, that
is called global variable.

$RecustionLimit=$IterationLimit=-4

may help you much by your computation ;-)

The environment of your operating system is obtained with

Environment /@ {"HOME","PATH","GS_LIB"}

Regards
  Jens