Re: How can I creat a user coordinate system for my routine?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27023] Re: How can I creat a user coordinate system for my routine?
  • From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Lewen, In my previous post the solution I gave changes the sign of the
ticks on the x-axis. Here is a function that keeps the ticks with the
correct sign.

UCS[f_, xmin_, xmax_] :=
  Show[Plot[f, {x, xmin, xmax}, DisplayFunction -> Identity,
        AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}] /. {x_, y_} -> {-x, y},
    DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction,
    Ticks -> {Transpose[{-Range[xmin, xmax], Range[xmin, xmax]}],
Automatic}]

Then evaluate the function UCS with appropriate arguments

UCS[Cos[x], -3, 2.5\[Pi]]

Brian