Re: .m file to C or Fortran source code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29661] Re: .m file to C or Fortran source code
  • From: "Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter at semdesigns.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 02:20:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In general, this is pretty hard to do since Mathematica files contain operators
that essentially don't translate (such as "transform") to C or Fortran.
I think Wolfram offers something calle "MathCode" that does something like
this.

We recently added Mathematica to the set of langauges that the DMS
Software Reengineering Toolkit can process (DMS already handles C and
Fortran).  This means DMS can parse .m files, and carry out arbitrary,
customized transformations.   (Mathematica itself can do transformations on Mathematica
structures; DMS can do transformations on Mathematica structures and on other
languages too).   One could use this to construct custom translations
of .m files into C or Fortran.   Not easy to do, but if fidelity of
your resulting code to the mathematica sources is important, this might
be the way to go.

See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D. CTO Semantic Designs, Inc.
http://www.semdesigns.com

news:9gup1g$o0m$1 at smc.vnet.net...