Derivative of multiargument function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29678] Derivative of multiargument function
- From: guido <carlet at sissa.it>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: CINECA
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If I have the assignement: g[z_] = 0 then any time I have: Derivative[g][z] I obtain zero and this is ok. But if I have a sequence of functions with j=1,2,... and I give the assignment: g[z_,1] = 0 then Mathematica doesn't seem to give zero when it finds: Derivative[1,0][g][z,1] as before... does anybody know how to let Mathematica compute the derivative even in this case ? Thank you very much...