Re: Re: Equations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29692] Re: [mg29689] Re: Equations
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 03:08:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

One should also point out that there is a world of difference between
showing "how to solve an equation" and "how Mathematica solves an equation".
John Bolton's program does the first. (However at present it seems that the
only way to get it is to enrol as a student at The Open University in

on 7/3/01 5:40 PM, Seth Chandler at Schandler at wrote:

> At IMS2001 in Japan, John Bolton demonstrated a Mathematica environment
> called Physica that appeared to do just what you suggest for at least some
> significant classes of equations. He lists his e-mail at
> j.p.r.bolton at
> "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at> wrote in message
> news:9hc8kl$41n$1 at
>> Hi,
>> no !
>> I would not make sense, because a symbolic algorithm is
>> typical quite differnt form the way as a human would
>> do it.
>> Regards
>> Jens
>>> I'm searching for a program that will show step by step how my equations
> are
>>> solved. Does Mathematica  have this capability?
>>> Pedro Caldera
>>> Thankm You

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University