Re: Mathematica generating gifs for avi problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29778] Re: [mg29713] Mathematica generating gifs for avi problem
  • From: gleam at flashmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:35:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Alan, there is a much easier way!  Export the animation as a TIFF file, and
then open it in an animation package that can read the multi-frame TIFF
data.  I use JASC Animation Shop 3, which comes with Paint Shop Pro
7.  This program can read TIFF, and export AVI.  Here is a simple example:

Short[ani1 =
     Table[Plot3D[Sin[x y + z], {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 4}, Axes -> False,
         PlotRange -> {-1, 1}, DisplayFunction -> Identity, PlotPoints -> 50,
         Mesh -> False], {z, 1, 7, 1/3}]]

Export["animation.tif", ani1, "TIFF", ImageSize -> {500, Automatic}]

Paul