Re: Mathematica and Scientific Workplace

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29799] Re: Mathematica and Scientific Workplace
  • From: ggarrett7 at netscape.net (G. A. Garrett)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:25:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There are two things that you can do if you want to include Mathematic
output in a Scientific Word document.

If you are only interested in a Cell here or there, by far the easiest
thing to do is just copy the sell as a Metafile and paste it into the
SW document.

If you want to include a complete notebook as exported by the TeXSave
command, well that is a little more difficult but it can be done if
you are comfortable manually typesetting your documents using TrueTeX.
A TeXSaved notebook can be typeset by itself using the TrueTeX program
that comes with SW. But you need the latest version that comes with
SW3.5. It will not work on earlier versions. You still need to install
the Mathematica fonts but that is documented and no problem (you'll
need to rename the TrueType fonts from their "file name" to their
"font name" and you'll need to set the option to "Reconstitute Fonts"
in the DVI viewer). I have \included these files as appendices and as
such have typeset them separately using \include{} and \includeonly{}
commands. The problem here is that you get two dvi files, but my final
output is pdf and distiller combines files nicely. You may be able
just to \input the file being aware that notebook2.sty changes the
text fonts and mathfonts. Text fonts are somewhat easy to switch
between but mathfont aren't and I haven't checked the effect on other
equations that one may type in the document.

If this second paragraph isn't making any sense, do your self a favor
and cut and paste :)

Gregory